Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wii-kend



Doesn't that picture just look epic? The Wii could be seven stories high for all you know (lowly beggars and peasants that you are). Actually it's not. It's about six inches high. And we know this firsthand because (we are lofty aristocrats and)....

We Won a FREE Wii on Saturday!

It's kinda funny to juxtapose this post with my last one because we actually won the Wii at a BYUSA event. Yeah I know. Does that make me a hypocrite? If so, oh well. I have a free Wii and you don't.

We decided to go to the "Unofficial Spring Break" BYUSA activity on Saturday just to get free dinner and act goofy. Well, we got much more than dinner (and really good Gelato). We ended up (through the help of others and ourselves) having about 70 tickets in the raffle for the Wii by the end of the night, so the odds were stacked in our favor (the only way Tappens win anything, Henry informed me). We were really just happy to win out over all the Freshmen there (99% of those attending were Freshmen, please see previous post about how this is not an infrequent occurrence) since we have been at BYU way longer and entered many more contests without winning than they have.

I'm still in shock. We've joked for months about how Henry wanted some kind of gaming system and I would always say no. Now it's just funny that we have a Wii and are still using my hand-me-down TV that has a smaller screen than our laptops. Hey, it still works though. We'll get a nice TV for Christmas, if I can get a job.

This is the culmination of my BYU career. I would have been fine graduating without getting married, but graduating without getting something expensive for free through BYUSA and tithing money? That would have lead to clinical depression.

1 comment:

JaimieA said...

wow, congrats! I'm pretty jealous!