Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

Easter coincided with General Conference weekend this year, so we got to spend time with family all weekend long! It was great being entertained by children, especially for short increments of time.This is the pose our niece Lucy chose when I decided to take her picture. I guess no one has taught her how to smile nicely and look cute (like JP). Instead, she prefers to make her usual scowl and do jazz hands...
Dying eggs with Noah and Emma. This was my FIRST TIME EVER dying eggs (I guess it was just one of those traditions that never caught on in my family) and I had fun making decorations with duct tape (we didn't go too fancy).
That's my egg second up from the bottom on the right. It's pretty hot.
We also spent some time with Henry's sister Clare and her adorable daughters, Mesia and Anna. For some reason this is the only picture I have of them, which is a shame because they are INSANELY cute. We went to a nearby park and "hid" eggs for them (which actually consisted of us throwing them across the lawn while their backs were turned). They both had priceless reactions whenever they found an egg though, it was like a novel experience every time.


Only two more months in P-town. We're really going to miss having so much family close by. I mean, what would we do without all those free meals and laundry trips?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Is this the same little Lucy that was practically a baby when I last saw her? I love your cute family, even if they make me feel old! I also love the new blog header. :D

Malia said...

I can't believe how big John Peter is!

I don't care for dying eggs either. Just not our thing.

We did do the bitter herbs, horseradish and parsley dipped in salt water. Not very tasty.

I need to call you about Seattle/Vancouver. I think we've narrowed down dates.

When are you in the valley this summer? Beginning of June? We come in on the June 12th.