Monday, March 21, 2011

WKWDWTGTSWHOFDLTTRAGVS

We're just starting to feel the first hints of Spring up here. Last Saturday was very nice and sunny and spring-like so we went out for a walk! We live really close to Redmond's large Marymoor Park and so we took advantage of it. Apparently so did everyone else because there were so many people outside! And maybe as many dogs as people. People around here love their dogs.This is me with my dog, I mean, my Henry. Yes, we have matching hats. They were free from Microsoft (just like many things we own). And yes, it was cold enough to need hats. But matching hats keep you warmer than non-matching ones, so we were in luck.

Here is the beautiful Lake Sammamish!

So it kind of rained a lot the past few weeks, which overwhelmed the walkway system around the marshes (or something) surrounding Lake Sammamish. We used the well-known technique called "Wimpy Kids Who Don't Want To Get Their Shoes Wet Holding On For Dear Life To The Railing And Going Very Slowly" in order to get across. There happened to be THREE stretches of walkways with similar flooding so we got pretty good at it.

After all that hard work, the loop we were on was closed at the end! But don't worry, we were very industrious and just hopped over the "do not cross" fences to finish the few hundred feet of the loop rather than go back and use "WKWDWTGTSWHOFDLTTRAGVS". We are rebels!!!

5 comments:

Elise said...

Wow. That is the best acronym ever.

Nick and Katherine said...

I second that. Best acronym ever.

I enjoy that matching hats are warmer!

Rebecca B said...

I was talking to you on the phone when you were hiking! You had to hang up to do the WKWDWTGTSWHOFDLTTRAGVS.

Megan said...

Haha love it! I like your banner, funny stuff! It is fun to find other people's blogs!

Sandra said...

Found your blog! I'm following you now :) I didn't know you and Henry had the same b-day! How cool!