Sunday, October 7, 2012

Three Months




Happy 3 months, little baby! I've been concerned about not keeping up a journal or anything these last few months, but then I realized that I've been blogging about all the cuteness. So sorry if these posts get long, but I'm using it as a way to capture all the memories now.

We are still enamored with our Little Miss. I'm trying to use her name more instead of just calling her "Baby" so that someday she'll figure out who she is.

Geneva is a really easy-going baby. She has slept through the night for over a month now and we are very grateful. She goes down easily for naps on her own, and really doesn't cry very much. Henry mentioned this, thinking maybe something was wrong, and then the same day she had a breakdown at Target, proving to us and to all those at the store that she does in fact have a healthy pair of lungs.

She smiles a lot, but doesn't really laugh, mostly just an occasional squawk of joy. Geneva also makes really cute coo-ing noises (check out the videos) that slowly disintegrate into cries if I don't pick her up.

This has been my first full month (almost) at home with her by myself and it's been just great. It's nice to be able to see every little change that happens to her. She's just started grabbing for toys and sticking them in her mouth. Sometimes I'm not sure if it's on purpose, or if it just happened to get in the way as her hand was going towards her mouth...

Now for the pictures and a few videos:

Our daily conversation.

She actually does like her Dad despite her look of disinterest here.
Hanging out with her friend Helena.
Someday they'll acknowledge each other... and I'll get a picture of it!

This is the face she makes whenever we go on walks and go underneath trees.

Bundled up ridiculously well for our walk to church.
Socks on hands are now all the rage, in case you didn't know.

Octo-baby at the Seattle Aquarium

Being cute. At least she appreciates my silly faces now.
Just wait til you're 13... hahaha.

Some serious thoughts. Especially at 35 seconds... she gets loud!

It's really hard to get a picture where her legs are in focus.

I like this one because it looks like she's doing a heel click.
We just need to photoshop in a scene from Newsies or something.

Cute smiley girl. She has really long eyelashes... and almost no hair :)

Enjoying the Bumbo at Aunt Becca's.