Thursday, January 31, 2013

7 months

Happy 7 months of life, Geneva! She is our crazy little miss. She is content just sitting on a blanket and emptying her basket of toys. She holds each one for a second or two, tastes it, and then puts it to the side. Then when she's done with the toys, she plays with the basket. No hint of crawling yet, but that's just fine with me! If there's a toy out of her reach, she just stretches really far (and I mean crazy far), and if she still can't reach it, she gives up and gets something else, or makes noise until someone responds. Her favorite foods so far are cheerios and apples, she doesn't seem to be a big fan of eating purees from a spoon... so she likes those things she can eat herself. Right now we're practicing a form of medieval baby torture shown here:

One day she'll thank us... maybe. I'm also trying the Nose Frida, where I suck the snot myself, and it didn't take long for her to figure out that it was a modern cousin to the implement above.



Anyway, on to the pictures and my hilarious captions!

Trying to get Geneva to stretch for toys

Sucking on her lip while out on a walk

Daddy making Geneva laugh by kissing her tummy. She always laughs harder and longer BEFORE we get the camera out.

One of her favorite toys, spatula.

Cute heart pockets on the bum. I had to be quick to get this picture because she rolls over pretty quick after I put her on her stomach!
Uh mom... is this what you call a toy? Thanks...
Geneva's new playpen

I found them like this after coming home from choir one Sunday, but Henry woke up as I tried to take a picture.  He was sweet enough to try and recreate the moment for me.

First time in a shopping cart like a big kid! She gets scared of the fast movement, so I have to drive very carefully...

Just being cute.

Playing on her "drum". This is one of her new favorite toys, just an  old popcorn tin.

This is how she plays with her toys, out of the basket, into the mouth, into another pile.

LM = Little Miss

Mmm carrots! More fun everywhere but in the mouth...

The following are pictures that some other moms took at a picture playdate at the park (say that ten times fast). It was pretty cold, but Geneva seemed to do just fine when I held her. It was when I put her down on a blanket with some other babies that the trouble began -- see the last picture.





4 comments:

Colette said...

Ok Tori, I think your baby is beautiful. I love the picture of her with the heart-bum pants :-) Every time you fold her clothes, doesn't your heart just swell with pride? She is just perfect, that is all. I love your post!

Elise said...

She has the most precious, innocent face. Those eyes are gorgeous too!

Unknown said...

She is such a doll! <3

Rich and Liz Harris said...

She is so pretty!