Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Parentals

Over the past few months we had visits from both of our parents! Looks like they didn't forget about us all the way up here in Washington. They did happen to remember our existence when our weather is nice and theirs is nasty... how convenient :)

My parents came over Memorial Day weekend. Their favorite part of the trip was seeing all of the beautiful scenery and seeing how ridiculously priced houses are in our area (Seattle was all like, "housing crisis? whatever!").

We went and visited Forks (the home of Twilight) and my mom was oh so excited! The city of Forks welcomed us - all of the residents were anticipating our arrival and setting up souvenir shops so we would spend our money. Luckily for them, my mom had promised a number of female co-workers some Twilight gear. I also had a very tasty philly cheese steak sandwich. Thank you City of Forks.

Henry was pretty ecstatic about this whole Forks thing, obviously.

The obligatory Twilight paraphernalia was everywhere. I don't think Forks had much going for it before Stephanie Meyer. She should have an elementary school named after her or something.

My best Bella impression. All you have to do is look disinterested and then speak in short, forced, awkward sentences.

We also went and explored some of the scenery around the Olympic peninsula. My dad got some really good action shots of Henry pushing me off of this log right after he took this one.
We were lucky enough to have some beautiful sunny days and my parents came away disappointed that they didn't get rained on (silly Arizonians).
Here I am telling my mom, "Those are buildings, that tall one is actually a space ship."

Henry's parents came in for the 4th of July weekend, and it turns out I didn't take many pictures while they were here! Their favorite part of the trip was taking a bus into Seattle (Senior disounts!) and eating fresh salmon and Dungeness crab.

We went on hikes, explored the city, and had a great time! It's nice to not have to cram everything in because we know they'll be back again.


4 comments:

Rebecca B said...

Your Bella impression is fantastic. That's my new favorite picture of you.

Emily said...

Hahaha, You always make me and Heath laugh. We were so excited to see that you updated your blog. Yay! I got to talk to you mom at Malia's shower and she told me all about your trip to Forks. It was so great to see her.

Meagan said...

Tori, you crack me up. Your Bella impression is dead on. And I'm so jealous that you guys have a SPACE SHIP in your city. Awesome. ;)

Washington is so pretty! I'm jealous! I would be disappointed to not get rained on, too. It's 250 degrees here.

Kim said...

We only have pictures of vacations when Dad comes with us. We are too busy fighting with kids to take pictures. What is your excuse?