Saturday, February 6, 2010

Big news.... but not that


In approximately six months we'll be saying goodbye to P-town, goodbye to studio apartment, goodbye to BYU, goodbye to undergraduate education, goodbye to Google, goodbye to iPod, goodbye to Mac (if we used one)....

And we'll be saying HELLO to Seattle, hello to a bedroom, hello to a real job, hello to Bing!, hello to Zune, hello to xbox, hello to PCs (which are NOT dorky, by the way).

All of this because Henry accepted a job with a silly little company. Well, they're actually pretty successful, so that's kind of reassuring. Henry will be working as a program manager at Microsoft! It's kind of a change of direction from what we'd be planning on (Henry getting a PhD in econ) but it's all for the best and we feel great about the decision. We're so excited to start this new phase in our lives and try to learn how to be grown-ups.

Tori may have to try to learn to like fish since she won't be in a land-locked state anymore. Unfortunately, we'll also have to buy umbrellas that work (a problem we've had for a while).

So from one Washington to the other, I guess.

If you've ever been to the Seattle area, we could definitely use any suggestions/advice you have!


P.S. The picture is of the Microsoft staff circa 1978.... AND the current dress and style-code at Mircosoft. Looks like Henry's gonna turn into a thrifter!

16 comments:

o said...

oh my stars this is so exciting! can i please come visit you??? so glad you guys are doing so well. congrats sister :)

Pat Talley said...

Your cousin, Emryn, served a mission in the Washington Seattle Mission 3.5-5 years ago. I'm sure she can give you some great pointers. I even have some pictures of Seattle and surrounding areas.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Congrats guys, this is super exciting news. :)

Megan said...

Hooray!!!!! I <3 tech companies. Congratulations!

Emryn said...

Hello to no sun for four plus months. Hello to green like you have never seen. (Moss on trees, roofs and side walks)Hello to lots of liberal people. Hello to great seafood. Hello to lots of drizzle. Hello to the best mission :)Congrats!!

Malia said...

Congrats again.
I'm so happy for the both of you, as is David.
It's such a fantastic job and opportunity.

Can't wait to have a real reason to visit Seattle!

Nick and Katherine said...

Yay! Congrats again! And yay to bedroom!

Unknown said...

wow that's awesome! I love Seattle! I've only been there once, when my sister got married, but I absolutely loved it. The skyline is amazing, and the downtown has a lot of fun stuff to do! My mom and I played at the musical fountain thing for several hours.

Rebecca B said...

yes

Rich and Liz Harris said...

Happy for you both! Enjoy settling into your new home!

dianita said...

my fav is this picture which could be your family of tappens. i will miss you so much (not diff. than now) but at least we now have a totally NEW CITY TO VISIT! i love you and congrats to life and growing up and cheers and there, there baby it's just textbook stuff...i mean, it's in the abc's of growing up.

love you always.

Meagan said...

Sweet! What an adventure! The last time I was in Seattle, I was like 11. So... sorry. I have no suggestions. Yes, get an umbrella. That's all I remember. :) We'll have to come visit sometime. How fun for you guys! Congratulations!

Leslie said...

SEATTLE!! GAH!! Pretty big deal, better get a pretty big umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh-eh...

Emily said...

How fun! Congratulations! It seems like such a beautiful place to live.

Jessica said...

Tori and Henry - That is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! I am so happy for both of you. That is big stuff, right there. Woohoo!!!!

Ashley said...

So... I think my blog attests to how much I love this city. And I love everything about this hilarious post. I heart my PC.

p.s. (to Deanna) None of us were angels and you know I love you, yeah.