Sunday, June 13, 2010

Adventures in Seattle, Part One

Yesterday we experienced a little bit of nature. We headed out to the Juanita Bay Park (about 10 minutes away) and saw some of the wildlife at the wetlands area there. Our favorite part was when an otter swam up and made the Great Blue Heron really mad.

Isn't the back of Henry's head cute? I think so. The heron is just to the left of his head. We have now decided that we don't have the patience to be bird-watchers, but we do like it when someone is there to tell us what everything is (a nice lady who let us borrow her binoculars).

Later on we went to an art walk downtown (no pictures) and mingled with the locals. On the way back we saw the Space Needle from the freeway. This is Henry's rushed attempt to take a picture of it. I think it's behind the trees, so look really closely.


New favorite song, featured in Man on Wire. Peaceful and serene.

2 comments:

Malia said...

Those wetlands look beautiful Tor.
I like the song as well.
We need to come up there. Did I say that in my last comment on the other post? I forget.
I'm losing it.
And holy crap it's hot in Arizona!

Emily said...

So you watched "Man on Wire?" What did you think? Yes, this song is wonderful. I've always wanted to learn it. Keep the Seattle posts coming. I want to see more.

P.S. the word verification is emiledel. I just thought it was appropriate, you know, Emily and del.